Why choose VA versus other types of financing?
Simply put, in most cases it is cheaper, and you deserve the best.
- VA does not require Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) if you finance over 80% of the value of the home. Most other financing options require this, and it is an additional cost to you .
- No down payment, 100% financing on purchases. Whether you are looking for your first home or have been through the process before, no money down is hard to beat.
- Competitive rates. In most cases, a VA loan will be cheaper in rate versus conventional or FHA financing.
- VA limits the amount of closing costs a lender can charge.
- Want to cash out or pay off debt using some of your equity? VA is the most lenient when doing this and allows you to maximize the amount of equity when compared to other financing.
- No prepayment penalties of any kind. Make extra payments or pay it off early, you are covered.
- It was designed to reward active military members and veterans for their service. See the Department of Veteran Affairs for more information.